Block.IS organises 2 Innovation Challenges for the European community of entrepreneurs. Up to eight (8) SMEs will be selected to participate at each Challenge. The top 3 SMEs on each challenge will receive 1.000€ to attend the Block.IS Final event where they will showcase their proposals. The top solution for each challenge will receive additional funding of 12,000€.
Blockchain technology offers great opportunities to revolutionize parts of the tourism industry. A tourist´s stay within a destination typically is characterized by undertaking a number of different activities using various service providers. As a rule the tourist pays for every activity individually hence receiving several single billings during his/her vacation. This process is not only slow and time consuming but also prevents the tourist from keeping clear track of his/her budget spending. The use of blockchain technology could improve and simplify this process by connecting the different activities and bundle all costs incurred into one final invoice. This would help to create a rather coherent tourism experience with great advantages for travelers and tourism regions alike.
Tourism destinations around the world constantly are competing to find new innovative products to attract tourists to their region. Yet another starting point to improve a region´s touristic appeal is to create an easy, transparent and efficient way of payment that bundles the various services used by the tourists during their stay. The concept of having to pay for every service separately, often even in cash, is outdated and needs to be replaced by a coherent digital concept. The challenge is to use blockchain technology to create a secure environment regarding payment & services within a tourism destination.
Blockchain will provide trust
1. To the customer knowing that his individual travel expense data is collected and gathered to one final bill
2. To the tourism destination now being able to track the activities enjoyed most thus deriving knowledge on what activities need to be more promoted or updated
3. To the tourism businesses sharing data about occupancy rates and spending habits of tourists in a secure way.
- Improving tourist’s stay within a destination
- Simplifying payment methods
- Bundling all expenses of a tourist to one single bill
- Promoting tourism in certain regions due to more attractive payment options
The Challenge is set to be organised from November 2–5th, 2021.
- Kick-off: Nov 2, 2021 09:00 – 11:00 AM
- Business Mentoring: Nov 3, 2021 09:00 – 11:00 AM
- Technical Mentoring: Nov 3, 2021 14:00 – 16:00 PM
- Technical Mentoring: Nov 4, 2021 09:00 – 11:00 AM
- Pitching: Nov 5, 2021 14:00 – 17:00 PM
The Application Period will be open until October 27th, 2021 (17:00 CEST).